What does a user in Enterprise A need to do to use a metadata template from Enterprise B?

I’d like to apply a metadata template from another enterprise (let’s call it Enterprise B) to files from my enterprise (Enterprise A). When I attempt to do so via the Box API, I receive 403 Forbidden.

I’ve tried a number of variations, to get an idea of what responses I can expect:

• If Enterprise B doesn’t exist - 400 Bad Request, Invalid metadata scope.
  • If Enterprise B does exist but the metadata template does not - 404 Not Found, Specified Metadata Template not found.
  • If Enterprise B does exist and the metadata template does exist - 403 Forbidden.

I suspect that the user making the call needs permissions that they don’t have, but it’s not clear to me what permissions that user needs - there don’t appear to be any permissions specific to metadata.

What must I do to allow a user from Enterprise A to apply a metadata template from Enterprise B to files in Enterprise A?

Hi @Drew , welcome to the forum.

I don’t think it is possible to use a metadata template from another enterprise. There are global metadata templates that Box uses across the products like Shield for example. But I don’t see a way for 2 different enterprises to share them, short of duplicating them, of course.

Anyway, let me ask internally, I may be missing something.

Best regards