Non-Trusted Certificate preventing scheduled FTP connection -- Please help!

We use WS_FTP to schedule nightly FTP transfers to and from Box. Lately these transfers have failed, and I suspect (as well as hope) that the culprit is a Non-Trusted Certificate (see screenshot)!

2024-05-30_15-05-38

I need to remedy this quickly, because copying these files manually is setting me and others behind at work. I’m reluctant to “trust this certificate” as I’m filling in on this task (with others falling to my colleagues) for my CIO who is out on extended leave, and I’m not sure what potential liabilities I might expose my employer to.

Is this something Box support can help me with? DigiCert, Inc. support was unable to address this issue and didn’t think I could do much about it either; they basically said Box would have to reorder and reinstall this certificate.

Thanks,

Ian

Hi @ImoMsuaf,

The error you are seeing is not related to Box.

Apparently your infrastructure does not trust DigiCert, which is odd.

Might want to check if the certificates for the trusted authorities are up to date.

For example in my computer I have the Digicert certificates:

Typically for these major certificate authorities, the certificates are bundled with the operating system, and updated automatically.

Check your operating system to see if the certificate for Digicert is valid and current.

Best regards