Service accounts for apps from different enterprises

Hello there

I am developing an integration for a customer that uses BOX. I have created my own box account to develop and test the integration. Today i wanted to test it out on the customers enterprise.

They could add and authorize the app easily via the client id. However the app service account needs to be added as a collaborator to the folder it needs to see. This is where we ran into trouble, as BOX refused to add the service account since it was from a different enterprise. Is it possible to add a serviceaccount from a different enterprise at all?

I am going at this the wrong way or is there some trick that i have missed.

Best regards
Malte

Hi @user175 , welcome to the forum!

The correct process would be for your customer to create a Box per your specifications and authorize it within their enterprise. This does not require any Box support intervention, and will also create a service account, assuming it is a CCG or JWT authentication app.

From here all they have to do is give you the Box application credentials and you configure your application to connect to their Box enterprise.

This way your customer is in control of what the application can or cannot access.

Let us know if this helps.

Best regards

Thanks for the reply Rui

I will have them make an app in their box with the same settings.

Out of curiosity, would it be possible to use as-user authentication from outside the enterprise?

No, not really…

I’m wondering if you are considering creating an integration and make it available to more customers, by publishing your app on our app store.

If that is the case you might want to take a look at this:

But still, only OAuth 2.0 is supported for applications available in the app center.

Best regards